A bit more about the man behind the curtain…
To give you a bit more insight, I live in the sticks — most of our neighbors are cows — on the NY/Vermont border. I share my life with my glorious wife, our boy and girl, and three cats (my wife cannot help herself).
We have a beautiful home with a most inspiring view.
- I am living my version of a very cool life. I do not expect your version to look much like mine.
- My Ph.D. is in Social Psychology from Syracuse University. I enjoyed my time there. Don’t really use the Ph.D. much anymore though. Sounds good, though…
- My favorite description about me from a friend — “You are one of the toughest, softest guys I know.”
- I make a decent pot of chili.
- I think skiing in fresh powder is like flying.
- Huge baseball fan. For better or worse, I am a Yanks man. But it’s my nightly drama from Spring to Fall.
- I prefer rockin’ tunes with cool guitar.
- I throw a really good, hard slider in Wiffle ball.
- I don’t mind shovelling snow.
- I believe in the power of environments.
- I usually do what I say I will do.
- I spend a lot of time working. But it doesn’t feel like work. And I only schedule appointments 3 days a week, 3 weeks a month.
- In coaching and in life, I rarely say, “You know what you should do…?”
- I love the vastness of the ocean. But I prefer the mountains.
- I have dual citizenship with the U.S. & Ireland.
- I don’t feel really comfortable dancing in front of people. Unless I like the music. And I don’t much like dance music.
- Growing up my favorite member of KISS was Gene. Or Ace. Ace or Gene.
- Both my parents are dead. I still feel like they’re around. But it would be nice to go out to dinner and talk every now and again.
- I am a great coach. I have no reservations saying that. I consider it my art and if I die today, I know I have touched the lives of lots of people in a positive way. And that’s a cool feeling.
- I have excellent vision. I can see far with my eyes and I can see what’s going to happen for people long before they can. I have no idea where this ability came from.
- I practice things.
- I started losing my hair when I was 18 or 19.
- I think it’s all just beginning.
- I like to take photos because in order to take a nice photo, you have to be paying attention to the world around you; you have to see.
- To learn more about me, get on my mailing list, connect with me on Facebook, or just come over for a beer…