Spent entirely too much time last week working.
Needed to get out.
Headed north, to a beautiful little lake that I like for a day trip with the kayak.
They do not allow motors on the lake — I really like that — and I had a day of quiet in a really beautiful place.
I didn’t trust myself with my good camera near the water, but my old Canon Elph still takes decent shots…
Here are a few:
calm waters, no company
this was harder to take than it looks.
read the paper, had a Vitamin water on a soft, lichen covered rock here.
solitude and a nice swim.
just a shot from the little island I was on
A quick word about kayaks: you should get one.
If there’s no water close to where you live, you should move.
Kayaks are great for lots of reasons.
- They’re easy to use and hard to tip
- You can go solo
- They require zero gas and zero maintenance
- Like having a dog, kayaks get you outside and exploring
- You can go where motorized boats cannot
- It’s good exercise for the upper body
- You’ll be able to get close to lots of wildlife — beavers, loons, herons, turtles, ducks, geese…
- Paddling is a meditative motion
- Water heals
- In a few moments with a kayak, you can be in a whole different world
So, I’ll be back on the water soon as the leaves begin to change…