I’ll spare you the April Fool’s joke (but your shoe IS untied. No really. I swear….) and get down to brass tacks… (does anyone know where the expression "brass tacks" comes from?)
Anyhow, some site updates:
- I changed the masthead. I finally got a new digital camera and I plan on updating the look of the site/masthead each month. The shot above was taken at sunrise from my deck on the front of my house. Big fan of this Canon camera if you are in the market. Loving the quality of the resolution, the size, and the price was 50 bucks cheaper than usual.
- I toned it down with the Google Ads. Okay, I admit it. I was getting sick of seeing them too. I also saw a sharp dropoff (50% or so) from last month’s revenue. I think the same ads kept showing up. It seemed short-sighted to have them dominate the page. Perhaps they will come back, perhaps not. The beauty of a blog is that it is an ever evolving experiment.
- I was able to update the blog’s address to drewrozell.com/blog/
If you had the address bookmarked, you’ll want to update it.
- The blog earned $410.36 in passive revenue in March 2007. This is a nice boost from last month’s $166.69. To continue on the road to $2K per month, I’ll need to continue to become more creative. Now if I can just keep up the 246% growth each month 🙂
- Today marks one of the more exciting sports-event-related days in recent memory. Combine Opening Day (go Yanks!) with the NCAA championship (Go Gators!) and its like peanut butter meeting chocolate. While I’m guessing that many readers of this blog do not fully appreciate the magnitude of the convergence of these events, trust me, it’s cool… And on a Monday, no less!
- And finally, a shot of P-Nut the cat taken with new camera. Tried to catch him in that glorious morning light to his right, but um, cats don’t always seem to cooperate… I thought the light reflecting off the duvet was cool…