A post from reader and friend Mary Ann McDonald who was cool enough to watch the Oprah/Secret show and provide some notes (I was getting my teeth cleaned and missed it… still cavity free…)
Glad I read your newsletter today. Caught the part about The Secret being on Oprah. Cool stuff. I haven’t watched TV in more than six months, except for this one – very worthwhile – hour. And with my very cool life, I work from home and am flexible in my schedule to watch it.
Although I didn’t tape it, I did take notes for myself and friends/family. Here’s what the panel shared:
- What you focus on expands.
- Like attracts like. What we put out is what we get back. It’s the law of attraction.
- Be grateful and in doing so much more opens up and comes your way.
- Energy flows where attention goes.
- Nothing new can come your way unless you’re grateful for what you have.
- True forgiveness is saying "thanks for giving me that learning lesson." Also put, forgiveness is giving up the hope that the past could be different.
- We are all great and I’m glad I can show up and share myself with you.
- If we are living the talents that are in us, then we are successful.
- Visualize our future and it’s ours.
- The universe is abundant and not lacking. Don’t be skeptical and think that there is a limited supply of things.
- Everything is energy, never destroyed, never lacking. There is enough good for every human being.
- If we’re holding onto the past we can’t hold new stuff in our hands. Let go of our stories. Let them go. Create new ones.
- Ask, believe, receive and get out of the way. Ask once and feel good when asking. Take action. Action is listening to the next steps, not forcing what you think the action should be.
- Walk in the direction that you want to go.
- Fake it until you make it. If we believe, then we must hold that truth constant and strong. If we are compelled or feeling strong about a certain path, then stay the course. Eventually, things will go our way.
- It’s not about what I want to get, but want I want to give. What are my actions going to provide to the world? What will the value be? Again, what we put out is what we get in return.
- Create visuals of what we want our awesome life to be. (One of the guest speakers displayed a poster she created years ago that had cut out words/images from magazines…one phrase was, "be a guest on the Oprah Winfrey Show." It works.
- Start our day by saying, "Thank you for…
Sounds like some good stuff to me… I look forward to seeing the tape!
Oh, and Mary Ann talents extend far beyond note-taking. She is a fabulous artist too. Here’s a piece of her work.
Thanks Mary Ann!