Time for a quick update…
My laptop has been getting the LCD display repaired (that 3 year IBM service package has paid off a couple times now) and I haven’t been able to post pictures for a while. So I figured I’d add some in this update…
- First, it seems like fall is on the fast track. I see some trees changing color already and yesterday morning I could see my breath out on the deck. It’s in the sixties as I type this at noon. Crazy! One of the coolest things about my house is that is has fabulous lighting. Changes all throughout the year. While there’s no way the picture could do it justice, last night at sunset there were some lovely purples and reds for about five minutes. Did my best to capture it below.
from the deck
- The other night Karin and I were driving home from dinner and a movie (The Waitress) when I yelled out in surprise. A lumbering rumbling mass crossed right in front of the car. Right away I knew it was a black bear! He scampered up a dirt road so I turned in to check him out with the headlights. He gave us a glance and made his way up the road. First time I’ve seen one like that — a real thrill for me. Moose. Bobcat. Bear. It’s been a fine year for local animal sightings.
- Still have not heard back from Tim Ferriss after he asked to look at my proposal. I am hoping he is true to his book’s title and only works four hours a week and just has not gotten back to me! I am holding good thoughts and again thank all of you for your support.
- UPDATE: Tim read this post and let me know that he did not receive my e-mail. I resent it this AM. He’s a good dude. My friend Dan pointed out that if you go to Amazon and read the reviews of Tim’s book (tha vast majority are glowing), the first one that comes up (and a one star review at that) is by someone who goes by the name of D. Rozell. In all of my life, I’ve never met another D. Rozell. But just to be clear, of course it’s not me.
- Got a hit on inspiration on Sunday and drove the hardware store. Piece by piece I’ve been upgrading my office space over the last couple weeks and it was time for some color. Chestertown Buff from Benjamin Moore got the call. I painted houses in grad school and at the beginning of my coaching career to make ends meet, so I am fairly proficient at painting stuff. And I like it.
- Finally, my friend Wayne scored some Yankee tickets last week. While we had a very good time, including a fun night in midtown Manhattan, the Yanks were embarrassed 12-0 by the Orioles. Possibly the worst game they’ve played all year. And even better, we had the only three Oriole fans in the stadium sitting behind us. Good times.
our man, Derek Jeter at bat on the day Phil Rizzuto died…
that’s what I got today…
and… the… paint… fumes… in…. office….. are ……………zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz