Feels like we’re due for an update, huh? Well, yer gettin’ one whether you want it or not.
- After a month of technical problems, things seem to have returned to normal. In other words, I can now write, post, and receive e-mail. If you e-mailed me in the past month and I did not get back to you, it was not personal. Just send it again.
- After a month of technical problems — that I spent hours and hours of my life dealing with, I realize that I need to up my game. There’s no way I should be handling this level stuff. It sucks all my energy and keeps me from doing what I love and what makes me money — creating.
- So this summer I will be "sharpening the saw" (to borrow a phrase from a Steven Covey book I never read) — putting in all the systems and people to allow me to take a quantum leap in the upcoming year (for me, the new year always starts in the fall). Doing lots of cleaning up and hiring folks to lend a hand.
- If you want to come with me, I am developing a group program for the fall. My feeling is that it will be the best thing I’ve ever done for myself and for the people invited to participate. The program will be a year long, combine in-person and tele-conference gatherings, feature all the cutting-edge technology in personal evolution, and will be a real community of like-minded folk. I will bring to it only the best of what I’ve learned over the past decade. Think graduate school for a very cool life. Watch this space/make sure you’re on the newsletter to find out more.
- Oh yeah! My workshop last month in Canada? Fantabulous. How’d I forget to mention that before? Oh yeah, the whole technical nightmare… Anyway… Coolest story in one sentence? A wonderful woman had been struggling to sell her house for the past 5. 5 months. By the end of the night on Saturday after a good debuggin session, "out of the blue" (as we like to say), the house had a cash offer. Sold! Magic, I tells ya… this stuff is magic! Okay that’s more than a sentence, but the workshop was awesome. Get to one if ya know what’s good fer ya…
- I attracted an agent right off the bat for my book. Easy parcheesi. Put the mention out in my newsletter, and one of my favorite clients has a brother in the industry. Voila. I’m tellin’ ya, this stuff works! Now to find a publisher. Or should I say, have the publisher recognize me (that’s how it works for me).
- Writing a proposal for a book is no easy task. I thought about those words more than any I’ve written in the past decade or so. Maybe ever? It drained the writing tank for a while. But it’s filling up again…
- Summer is my least favorite season. I know that makes me weird. I love the longer days. I like swimming and being outside. I like how the warmer weather loosens my muscles to exercise… But for some reason, every summer my mood gets funkified. I feel like I have less energy. Much less. Some days I even get a bit depressed. Happens every year. The truth is, I need to do nothing during the summer. I need to have a completely open schedule, live on a quiet lake with a stack of great books. That’s what I need. For some reason, I’m still choosing this reality where I have to work and stuff. That’s what’s changing in the next year!
- The new header is a picture of the kite I was flying on vacation at Cape Cod. For 12 bucks, this thing provided me with a few thrills. I got the extra spool — 500 feet — and on the beach that baby just kept climbing and climbing.
- If you like true adventure books like The Perfect Storm or Into Thin Air, I highly recommend the book on my reading list, Shadow Divers. Very cool stuff.
- If you like great films, I highly recommend putting Little Children in your Netflix queue. If you don’t have a queue, well, get with it man!
- Finally, the Yankees are driving me crazy this year. I am no fan of losing, but I am okay with losing as long as you play hard and smart. Oh hell, the team should just hire me already… we all know that, right???
thanks for checking in and feel free to comment on any/all of this. I can actually reply now!